Welcome to Youth Collaboratives of Georgetown County
Who are we?
The Youth Collaboratives of Georgetown County includes groups of practitioners and retirees who volunteer our time to work together to improve the lives of children and youth in the Georgetown community. We use one of the most powerful tools for change – collaboration. Currently, the following groups are active:
- Early Learning Council (ELC) of Georgetown County - (formed in 2009 as the Early Learning Initiative) Became the ELC on September 12, 2012
- Georgetown Out-of-School-Time (GCOST) Collaborative - (formed in 2009) re-formed on May 31, 2012
- Early Childcare Collaborative (ECC) - formed January 23, 2013
- Southern Georgetown Leadership Group (SGLG) - formed April 30, 2014
- Health Care Collaborative for Children and Youth (HCCCY) - formed August 27, 2014
- Early Childhood Physicians Advisory Council (ECPAC) - formed January 26, 2016
Why do we collaborate?
We believe we can help children and youth and their families best when people, organizations, and agencies work together. In order to work together we believe it is important that we…
- Set common goals and objectives
- Make commitments to exchange information (including data about the impact of our programs)
- Share resources (including time, talents, and finances)
- Coordinate activities (especially training)
- Value transparency and responsiveness to each other and to the community
- Help each other implement quality practices to achieve organizational excellence
- Maintain trusting relationships with each other
Our collective vision is that all children and youth will have opportunities to reach their full potential. We want all children who grow up and choose to live in Georgetown County to be able to say they have had sufficient opportunities to become contributing members of this community.