Early Learning Council
Early Learning Council (ELC) of Georgetown County
Who are we?
We are a group of civic and professional leaders who champion the education and wellbeing of young children (0-5).
Members of the Council
- Carolyn Ellis, Chair – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator
- Virginia Bowerman - Civic Leader- Retired Professional Educator
- Sally Garr Brodhead – Civic Leader – Retired Attorney
- Eunice Brown – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator
- Jim Dumm – Civic and Professional Leader – Georgetown County School Board Chair and Director of the Tara Hall Program for Boys
- Fedrick Cohens - Professional Leader - Director of Curriculum and Instruction -Elementary Grades for Georgetown County School District
- Lee Jones - Civic Leader - Retired Professional Preschool Educator
- Betsy Marlow – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator and Nonprofit Executive Director
- Madeleine Ritchie – Civic Leaders – Retired Professional Educator
- Jim Watkins – Civic Leader – Retired Minister
- Diane Wingate, Ph.D. - Executive Director for Testing and Measurement for GCSD
Some of our Affiliates
What do we do?
We share this Vision and Mission:
Vision: All children in Georgetown County will reach their full potential.
Mission: To champion the education and well-being of young children (0-5) through advocacy and promotion of opportunities which allow them to reach their full potential.
We champion the following for children 0-5 years of age:
- quality education
- quality health care
- community leadership directed towards our vision and mission.
- Strategic Plan - 2017
- Strategic Plan - 2016
- Progress Report - 2017
- Progress Report - 2016
- Testimony to state advocacy groups – 2015-16
Interested in getting involved in the ELC? Click here for more information.
View the embedded image gallery online at: