Georgetown Out of School Time Collaborative
Who are we?
We are a group of out-of-school time practitioners whose mission is to increase the quality and sustainability of out of school time programs and services for children and youth in Georgetown County.
Members of GCOST
- Black River United Way
- Carolina Human Reinvestment
- Child Evangelism Fellowship - Greater Pee Dee
- Department of Juvenile Justice - Georgetown
- Fit for Kids Child Care -Tidelands Health -Healthpoint Center for Health and Fitness
- Freedom Readers
- Georgetown County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission
- Georgetown County Library
- Georgetown County Parks and Recreation
- Georgetown County Sheriff's Office
- Georgetown Police Department
- Missions for the Nations Ministry - Georgetown
- Optimism Mentoring and Preventive Services, Inc.
- Teach My People
- The Mitney Project
- The Village Group
- Triple P Georgetown
What do we do?
We share this mission, vision, and values:
Working together to increase the quality and sustainability of out of school time programs and services.
That every school-aged child in Georgetown County will have access to quality out-of-school time programs and services, promoting positive youth development and the prevention of at-risk behaviors.
COLLABORATION: We believe that success is heightened when one or more individuals, organizations or agencies participate and work on common goals.
QUALITY PROGRAMMING: We believe in quality programs that are centered around dignity, respect, positive learning environments, proper safety and supervision, and engaging experiences that promote positive youth development and the prevention of at-risk behaviors.
COMMITMENT: GCOST is committed to providing opportunities for strategic training, the identification and development of resources and advocating for quality and accessible programs for school-aged children. As members of GCOST we commit to active participation in collaboration, the implementation of quality practices, and to the development of organizational excellence.
INTEGRITY: All GCOST efforts will be transparent, good stewards of funds and dedicated to strong organizational governance.
We focus on the following for school age children:
- Quality out-of-school-time programs and services
- Community awareness about out-of-school-time programs and services
- Training for our members
- Increasing out-of-school-time program participation
- Strategic Plan- SMART Goals - 2019
- Progress Report - 2018
- Progress Report - 2017
- Strategic Plan - 2017-2018
- Progress Report - 2016
- Strategic Plan - 2016
- Mid-Year Progress Report – 2015
- Summer Programs - 2018