Georgetown Out of School Time Collaborative
Who are we?
We are a group of out-of-school time practitioners (service providers?) whose mission is to increase the quality and sustainability of out of school time programs and services for children and youth in Georgetown County.
Members of GCOST
- Black River United Way
- Carolina Human Reinvestment
- Child Evangelism Fellowship - Greater Pee Dee
- Department of Juvenile Justice - Georgetown
- Fit for Kids Child Care -Tidelands Health -Healthpoint Center for Health and Fitness
- Freedom Readers
- Georgetown County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission
- Georgetown County Library
- Georgetown County Parks and Recreation
- Missions for the Nations Ministry - Georgetown
- Optimism Mentoring and Preventive Services, Inc.
- Teach My People
- The Village Group
What do we do?
We share this mission, vision, and values:
Working together to increase the quality and sustainability of out of school time programs and services.
That every school-aged child in Georgetown County will have access to quality out-of-school time programs and services, promoting positive youth development and the prevention of at-risk behaviors.
COLLABORATION: We believe that success is heightened when one or more individuals, organizations or agencies participate and work on common goals.
QUALITY PROGRAMMING: We believe in quality programs that are centered around dignity, respect, positive learning environments, proper safety and supervision, and engaging experiences that promote positive youth development and the prevention of at-risk behaviors.
COMMITMENT: GCOST is committed to providing opportunities for strategic training, the identification and development of resources and advocating for quality and accessible programs for school-aged children. As members of GCOST we commit to active participation in collaboration, the implementation of quality practices, and to the development of organizational excellence.
INTEGRITY: All GCOST efforts will be transparent, good stewards of funds and dedicated to strong organizational governance.
We focus on the following for school age children:
- Quality out-of-school-time programs and services
- Community awareness about out-of-school-time programs and services
- Training for our members
- Increasing out-of-school-time program participation
- Progress Report - 2018
- Progress Report - 2017
- Strategic Plan - 2017-2018
- Progress Report - 2016
- Strategic Plan - 2016
- Mid-Year Progress Report – 2015
- Summer Programs - 2018
GCOST members at the 2017 Lights On Afterschool event.